HIV Prevention Community

How do you know when...

You're no longer having "ARS" and just having plain old later-stage HIV side-effects. I was told thrush was not a ARS but normally shows up within a year of HIV infection if it does at all. Well im at the 5 month post exposure mark and am developing some tongue/rash issues. How do I know if im just experiencing later stage HIV side effects? And before anyone gets on my about testing, my results come back thursday.

I'm literally crying right now.
Have you gotten tested before and at how many days post exposure?
I got tested 2 months and 20 days after I finished my Post-Exposure Prophylaxis course with the Oral Swab test. Came back negative. But since sources say PEP delays the development of antibodies, im assuming it delays the production of ARS as well. Which is why I'm scared to death that I now what I think is a rash on my forehead, really looks weird just a huge red blotch that looks like blood spread all over (But it cannot be since it was there at first but faded and then two days later it became more of a deeper shade of red) and I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck.

What was your exposure?
nPEP regimen will cause many side effects, rashes etc....
ask the md who perscribed you with pep, and advice on how to treat them.
how many days after initial exposure did you begin nPEP treatment?