Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

How long does a Hiv1 direct p24 with elisa take?

My doctor gave me an dna pcr test along with an hiv1 direct p24 with elisa. My pcr came back negative in 7 days but now its after 8 days and I haven't got the results from the other one. I'm a little worried that the longer it takes is not a good sign. What is the average time for this test?
4 Responses
Neither the Abbott RealTime nor the Roche COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HIV-1 assay is intended to be used as a donor screening test for HIV-1 or as a diagnostic test to confirm the presence of HIV-1 infection.
Richard Klein
HIV/AIDS Program Director
FDA Office of Special Health Issues
Food and Drug Administration
It depends on the lab how long it takes to get your results back from an ELISA test. It can take from hours to up to 2 weeks to get your test results.
I'm aware. I also intend to have a 3 month antibody test when the time comes. I was only asking about the result times.
Thanks. Posted that not knowing you had replied again.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.