HIV Prevention Community

How long does a Hiv1 direct p24 with elisa take?

My doctor gave me an dna pcr test along with an hiv1 direct p24 with elisa. My pcr came back negative in 7 days but now its after 8 days and I haven't got the results from the other one. I'm a little worried that the longer it takes is not a good sign. What is the average time for this test?
Neither the Abbott RealTime nor the Roche COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HIV-1 assay is intended to be used as a donor screening test for HIV-1 or as a diagnostic test to confirm the presence of HIV-1 infection.
Richard Klein
HIV/AIDS Program Director
FDA Office of Special Health Issues
Food and Drug Administration
It depends on the lab how long it takes to get your results back from an ELISA test. It can take from hours to up to 2 weeks to get your test results.
I'm aware. I also intend to have a 3 month antibody test when the time comes. I was only asking about the result times.
Thanks. Posted that not knowing you had replied again.