I feel Infected

My story goes something like this: After I graduated high school around a year and a half ago, I drank a heavy amount of alcohol. My judgement was affected and I had unprotected sex with a female friend for roughly 25 minutes. Her sexual status was and still is unknown to me.

For the past year and a half I have been living sick. Eeryday I feel sick.
Symptoms: Night sweats, Aches, burning sensation, fatigue, and over all I just feel awful.

Three months after the sexual encounter I got tested foe HIV. The test came back negative. This allowed for some peace of mind even though symptoms did not disappear. I still felt awful.

Three months later I decided to get tested once again. Again this test came back negative. So I tested negative at six months as well. But still all symptoms remained. I still felt sick. And I still feel sick now. When I thought I did not have HIV I went to my doctor and had a series of other blood work done. Nothing seemed to show up.

I have not been tested in roughly a year. But the symptoms and the way I feel does not allow me to forget the notion that I could be infected with HIV. I do not want to be the one who hits the HIV lottery. Information I read seems to be misleading. Some research suggests is symptoms appear six months after encounter, that you should get tested at a year. Other research says no one has ever taken longer than 6 months to test positive.

I feel like I'm going crazy here. There is nothing more I want in my life than to have the peace of mind of knowing I am not sick. It seems like I have done everything I can do and it doesnt matter. Nothing has come up. Yet I am still extremely worried because I feel abnormally sick everyday. It is also important to note that my doctor did a series of other blood work 6 months after the sexual encounter. I do not know all the details on what I was tested for with that, but nothing came back abnormal. Yet I still feel sick everyday, this feeling never goes away. It is true that I am depressed, but never have I had physical symptoms to this degree. The magnitude of the physical symptoms makes me think very much that this is not depression related. Also I am young, this all seems frightening at 19 years old.