Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

I need some reasurance!

So I have cracks in both corners of my mouth and I think it's angular chilitus and found out that HIV can cause angular chilitus. I got tested today and my results came back negative but it's only been 1 month since I could have possibly been exposed. I know to get the best results you should get tested 3 months after possible exposer and my question is if I'm showing HIV symptoms would it come back positive in my test results after only 1 month? Thanks in advance. Also I should add that I've had cracked mouth corners and I have sensitive skin and I believe that the corners of my mouth are cracked after I used my roommates shaving cream instead of my shaving cream that works well for my sensitive skin but if just like to be reassured thanks
1 Responses
13276481 tn?1451150367
What was your risk?
What test did you take at one month?

At 28 days you can take a 4th generation test for a conclusive result.
What you describe is of no concern for acute HIV infection.
Most symptoms found on the internet are expressing conditions from those who have a weak immune system after many yrs of HIV.

Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.