HIV Prevention Community

Indeterminate test

Doctor I was approached by a woman that advised me that she had been in a relationship with my soon to be exhusband and carried herpes so I should get tested. My ex and I had not had sex vaginal of oral for approx 5 weeks and I went into get tested for everything.  My hiv test came back indeterminate and positive to one antibody?  I cannot speak for my ex behavior so I have no idea what he did of didn't do?  In my fear I purchased an at home oral hiv test kit a d took it.  I tested negative.  I'm concerned about the results from the doctor?  He will retest again in a month but in the mean time I'm falling apart.  I am hypothyroid, was extreme dehydrated the day of the test?   What do these results mean??? Help?
The relationship with the woman was several years prior to us marrying
Well you have a negative test, but any positive test should be followed up with a WB. Why is Dr waiting 1 month to retest?
I don't know he was very rude an insistent on waiting a month.  
Can I put some faith of peace of mind in the negative results?  And does being hypothyroid have anything to do with it reading indeterminate ?
What you claim does not make any sense.
What do you mean?