HIV Prevention Community

Is Dry cough and red eyes are HIV symptoms

Hi there,

twice i had sex with a sex worker on 04 Jan 2011. from last 10 days i have dry cough and from past 7 days my eyes are red. Are they early symptoms of HIV infection? I dont have any other symptom like fever (i am checking my temprature on regular basis), rash, sore throat etc. Also i would like to mention here straight after sex, me and sex worker took an rapid HIV test and both of us resulted negative. My anxiety is killing me right now.

I would like to ask three questions here:
What are th chaces that i might catch HIV from this encounter?
Is dry cough (without fever) and red eyes are symptoms of HIV and how long does it take HIV symptoms to appear?
If i will result HIV negative after six weeks test, does that mean that i am 99% out of danger zone?

Please answer my questions

Regards
Andrew
Reread the reply you were given, the answer is not going to change.
If you had unprotected sex you can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure.
Doctor will you please answer my question, as i am realy worried.
Thanks for your input teak. Please answer one more question Is Dry cough (without fever) and redness of eyes are early HIV symptoms?
Get tested for HIV 3 months after your last unprotected exposure, Symptoms tell you nothing