Is this happening because of HIV

Contracted CMV (which belongs in the herpes family of stds) a while ago. tested negative for all the major ones after that. Except HHV 6 is not available in my country. Unforunately my health has steadily deteriorated ever since. My cbc reports show a steady deterioation of my red blood cells count from 4.9     2 years ago to the present which is 4.0(where a normal count is 4.5). My blood platelets have steadily gone down from 320 a couple of years ago to the recent count of 212. My question is does anybody know which std causes this destruction of blood platelets and destruction of Red blood cells count inside my body. And what can I do about it. I have done many tests over the last few years but cannot find the cause. In addition high uric acid as well. Someone please help.
Thank you very much.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you had unprotected sex in the past? Have to tested for HIV? Tested 3 months post exposure?
Helpful - 0
Yes I have had a risky sexual incident with a CSW a couple of years ago and had 7 hiv tests the last coming negative 1 year after the incident . that is why it is confusing for the doctors around the world when they see my blood reports and say that CMV should not be causing all of these issues. Well they are. So I asked them whether or not I could have HIV that is causing me all of these issues? WHat do you think the answer is?
Helpful - 0
The answer is no, HIV is not your issue.
Helpful - 0
Thanks v ance but then I do not know why cmv is eating up my blood platelets and depleting my red blood cell count and lowering my white blood cell count? I am really confused. My monocytes are also on the higher side. I have heard that cmv subsides after a few months. Why then is mine eating me up from the inside. Thats why I thought it was HIV. People think I am imagining or lying. I have 50 blood tests including my last two complete blood reports that I can scan and send to anyone who doubts the veracity of what I am saying.
Helpful - 0
Keep working with your dr-a friend of mine is **** the same-he has OHL but his tests are negative (3months) albeit conclusive....
Helpful - 0
Lifeline what is OHL? And do you mean keep working with my dr because I have HIV or to investigate what is happening with me?
I just dont get it what could be eating up my blood platelets red blood cells and white blood cells which virus?
Helpful - 0
oral hairy leukoplakia is an opportunistic infection common to those who are hiv positive -they develop white patches in the mouth -and surfaces of the tongue.What i meant was keep investigating what might be your problem with the assistance of your dr.
Helpful - 0
the problem with something like this is there is no specific remedy out there just a whole lot of investigating. I found out my allergy test came back a general specific ige one. They do not have specific food allergy testing in my country. My question is do you think food allergies might be bringing down my white blood cell count and my red blood cell count?
Helpful - 0
Whatever it is, it is not HIV
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community