Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.3k Members

Is this it

I have been using this site for years, and my concern has always been about my  promiscuous behavior with oral sex (giver) & frottage.  The beginning of October I started having symptoms, migraine headaches sore throat one or two very light night sweats. I didn't think much about it because I didn't feel like I did anything risky sexually. However I lost ten lbs in a short time frame (a month). A week after the sore throat and headaches I started get these flat raised red bumpy rash all over my  torso and back. I told my Dr and he said I needed to test for HIV ( which I'm still waiting for results). I started thinking what I could have done that put myself at risk. I have not had  unprotected sex, and dating back 6 weeks till 2 weeks prior to symptoms  appearing I had just been doing oral sex with no cum. I did have frontage with two men and oral but no penetration, and in  one instance I did do oral on someone that had precum that had a very toxic unfamiliar taste to it, which concerned me. I always try to be as safe as possible, except for oral sex. I will say a week prior to having these symptoms, I had a traumatic stressful event happen that still has me on high stress mode & Now with this new HIV scare I'm even more worked up.  My question is, do you think I contracted HIV from these  activities and are these  symptoms relatable?
4 Responses
Frottage and oral sex are not a risk for hiv. If you say giving to a man or a woaman? In oral sex you may be at risk for bacterial std's but not hiv. Attached is a risk chart.
http://www.sfcityclinic.org/stdbasics/stdchart.asp
1 Comments
If you are sexually active periodic testing for std's lnot just hiv should be done every 6 months. Just for your own health's sake. Since its on your mind now. Why not have one now. To give you peace of mind.
I'm gay, I did get tested, I'm just waiting for results.  I'm freaked out because it feels like I've been experiencing ARS symptoms.
1 Comments
As long as no unprotected penetrative sex occurs your risk is zero.
You had no reason to test in the first place.
I got my results today from my doctor, he said that the test for HIV came back negative but that I did have syphilis.  Tomorrow I will take a penicillin shot.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.