HIV Prevention Community

KISSING

i been french kissing a girl for awhile and today i frenched kissed her with a cold sores on the corner of my mouth. i havnt anything else with her. she just called me and told me she has hiv and had for awhile. can i get hiv from french kissing her with sores on my mouth?we was using tongues . she said that she been on meds but been off of them for about 3 months. does that make it easier for me to get? can you get any std from kissing her?
NO RISK for HIV.

You may want to have an STD panel done.
She should of told you she had HIV before you engaged in such activities but the good news is that you can't contract HIV from the activities you engaged in.
Disclosure only needs to take place on penetrative sex.
I'm just saying it wouldn't have hurt because he wouldn't be in panic mode right now.
It doesn't matter what your opinion is, the positive person is not obligated to say anything about their status unless having penetrative sex.
If you work in the healthcare industry in AUS you must disclose your status.It's the law.Same if you are donating blood
Well you don't in the US or any other civilized country.
im i safe from getting hiv? i did have a cold sore on my lips and not sure if it was bleeding
You never had an exposure.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
It is not recommended that healthcare workers disclose their infective status to patients.

www.health.qld.gov.au/qhpolicy/docs/imp/qh-imp-321-3.pdf  Version No 1.1; Effective From: 18/4/12