HIV Prevention Community

Lap Dance and fingering

I had a lap dance about 3 days ago.  The dancer was naked and I fingered her.  I was wearing very thin pants made out of a thin T-shirt type of material.  I had no undeer wear on.  I may have had cuts on my fingers due to nail bniting but that I cant remember.  The dancer placed a rough towel on my lap before begining the dance.  After the dance I noticed that my pants were wet and that the wetness was not only in the front of the pant but it had soaked out the back of the pant as well, so much so that ther was some of my semen clearly visible on the seat when I got up.  

I have two concerns.  

1)  Could my fingering have caused any type of std/hiv transmission to me from her?

2)  Could the dancer's or her previous customer's semen/fluid remains on the towel or seat have caused any type of std/hiv transmission to me (my pants were wet where they came in to contact with the towel and the seat).

Do I need to get PEP or any other type of HIV test/treatment done?

I read somewhere that in ordeer to survive the hiv virus (and i guess that would go for all stds correct me if I am wrong) changes into something else in the vagina and the rectum areas.  I think that the article implied that these viruses in there changed forms are not harmful.

Would that mean that by simply inserting your finger into somebody's vagina or rectum you cant get infectected by hiv/stds?

And would that hold true even if you have cuts on your fingers?

From what I understand it can sometimes take up to a year for seroconversion to occur in which case the HIV virus would not be detected positive for up to a year.  Would that mean that the best way to be sure about whether you are positive or not is to wait one year?

Another thing is that after that first year is over, the HIV virus can remain dormant for 8-10 years.  So would the medical testing detect HIV virus even though itr is dormant?  

Or is it possible that a person may be infected by HIV and the tests still show negative because the HIV virus is in its dormant state?

Thanks for your time
You do not have an HIV concern.
How can you be so certain?  I am worried.  Besides, can you answer the following?

Thanks for your time

NOT TRUE

CLINICAL DORMANCY...MEANING NO "SYMPTOMS"

but can the HIV be detected through testing, even though it is clinically dormant?
What part of you didn't have an exposure is it you don't understand?
Ok fine.  But for my peace of mind, can you explain why I didnt have an exposure.  Because I read somewhere online that what I described to you could mean an exposure but with low chances.  Can you help clarify my confusion.

Thanking you in advance for your time!
hiv is transmitted through...
unprotected vaginal / anal penetration
sharing iv drug works
mother to child

transmission occurs when a penis is INSIDE a vagina / anus.

now...

did you experience any of the above scenarios?

NO ! ! !
There is one other thing which I wanted to ask about.  I had read somewhere that headaches are one of the early symptoms of HIV.  

Roughly 15 days after my above mentioned episode I started getting mild headaches.  It has been a month now since the time (I suspect) I may have been exposed to HIV.  

I still have these headaches....actually most of the time it is a heavy headed feeling rather than a headache but if I dont rest properly and on time at night it turns in to a headache.  In the past headaches had never been a problem for me.   I could go long periods of time without sleeping (36 hrs+) and not even feel the slightest tinge of a headache coming.

I am worried!  I await your reply.

SIncerely,

Thanks!  
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
You are worrying abotu nothing, if you continue with this anxious line of questioning then as Teak said this will go to the moderators.

You have not had a risk, its that simple.  Your headaches are probably stress induced.  You do not get HIV from fingering with or without cuts.  Once the virus is exposed to the environment small changes in PH, temp, moisture etc all render the virus inactive and unable to infect almost immediately so your far fetched what if about the previous client is also completely impossible.

Nothing you have told us about is a risk at all.  NOTHING.  I would suggest that when you get anxious about it, instead of typing your new question you re-read the replies you have been given and then try and do something else.

HIV is not your problem so you need to move on from this and your constant what if 's which are all in your head and have not a real threat to you.
Thx for all the replies!