HIV Prevention Community

Lizzie, Teak & Vance

I would want to know that has been a case here on this website when any of you   - Lizzie, Teak, Vance have declared anyone conclusively negative after his test at 3 months and later-on that guy was tested positive for HIV from the same exposure that he described to you earlier?

Please be honest..I am not asking this question out of my anxiety but just want to confirm if it is practically possible for anyone be an exception to this rule of 3 months and if yes than does he necessarily needs to be the one with compromised immune system?

NO

I tested with TRIDOT test @ 94 days and it was negative. So based upon your above description i can be relieved that i didn't contract HIV from my exposure.
However, now a days at 100+ days i am feeling some thunder/cold sensations in my chest, arms, thai, legs; sudden deep pain in my chest nerves, deep unconscious pains in my upper head (mostly during temp changing conditions) and everytime it happens i began to think that sero-conversion is taking place. Please tell me what could be the reason for this?

ANXIETY / PSYCHOSOMATIC (IN YOUR HEAD)
COMMUNITY LEADER
People with suprssed or compromized immune system (like people on chemotherapy for instance) may have a window period up to 6 months, however for rest of the world, 3 months is the period defined for a conclusive test.

With current generation of HIV tests available, I havent seen anyone turning positive even after a negative test done between 6-8 weeks, however we still advise to wait till 3 months to be sure that the test is final and conclusive which is in line with current CDC guidelines
Thank you for the answer!

By the way i have touchwood a good immunity, a flabby well built body by god's grace so that compromised immunity thing doesn't apply to anyway!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
With all honesty, I can assure you that you do not have HIV. 94 days are enough for a person like you to develop antibodies, if there was an infection. Another important point about sysmptoms, I must state, syemptoms related to HIV are always misleading because of great similarity with those due to other reasons. Secondly. many of the actually infetced people were 100% asymptomatics, therefore symptoms are irrelavent when we talk about HIV. The only thing which is conclusive, is our blood test.

In my opinion, you consult your doctor to get your health issues addressed, which are for sure, not because of HIV
Hi diver58,

I am happy that i got the right consultation from you. But now a days few things/facts are concerning me like hell. I have read a report published on yahoo website saying that the viruses of sexually transmitted diseases like HPV, HIV, HSV, HCV can stay dormant in the body cells for years without being active and thus it is not possible to detect them in any antibody blood test till they become active and are spread across the whole body.

I know that sometimes these reports can be misleading but facts are facts & they are scientifically proved by experts.

So is it really possible that the virus stays dormant for STDs like HIV & HCV....though HPV can still remain inactive i suppose but it is not as deadly as other viruses.
COMMUNITY LEADER
No ! Dormant state does not mean that there is no antibody. Generation of antibodies is a natural mechanism, activates by our defence system, once a virus invades. In dormant state, person remains asymptomatic, though he is still a carrier and transmitter.

Whether one is symptomatic or asymptomatic, blood test is always the only way to check the infection. For example, HCV, which is also called "silent killer" remains dormant for years, but it does not mean, it can not be picked up by an HCV test. HCV test detects antibodies after the window period, in the persons, looking aparently healthy