Made a BIG mistake

Hi All,

My story takes place in South africa.

Two Thursday nights ago i had way too much to drink and myself and a friend ended up at a strip club. When the strip club closed we decided to go to the "club" above. Anyway while having vaginal sex with one of the sex workers my condom broke. I had sex with her for approximately 5 minutes, i dont know at what point the condom broke. I did not climax, so i dont think i need to worry abut getting her pregnant?

Having seen the broken condom she assured me that they go for tests every 6 weeks, this was confirmed by the owner of the establishment. That said i suppose all it takes is for her to have been infected in the last 6 weeks... On Friday morning i seriously felt like committing suicide, i went to my local doctor and told her the story she prescribed Atripla which i started taking immediately. The incident occurred at approximately 3am and i started taking Atripla at 11am so more or less 8 hrs post exposure.

All this said i am extremely worried, i dont know how i am going to get through these 6 weeks before my test. what is the success rate of Atripla as PEP considering all the facts of my case?

Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Go back to Aidsmeds and reread the replies you were given, ours won't be any different.