HIV Prevention Community

Massage Worker - Possible Exposure

I made a terrible mistake on 2/20 with an asian massage worker. we had intercourse with saran wrap b/c neither of us had a condom. I immediately went into an extreme state of panic. A few hours after the encounter my testicles were red and painful, they went down with IB profen, but now I am obsessively checking my genital area for herpes signs or signs of anything out of the ordinary.

5 days after the encounter I started feeling bad. I have night sweats (I have these before exposure, though), muscle weakness, fatigue, chills, cough, stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, headache, voice is deeper from cold, etc.. I may have a cold, but idk, I got a flu shot a few months ago so idk why I am experiencing this.

I know the chances she had HIV are low, and the chances I would've contacted it are even lower, but I cannot help but freak out. Could this be HIV?

The Saran Wrap is new, I don't think you'll find anywhere where that it is approved to protect against HIV and STD, now if you were planning to wrap it to put in a freezer then you would have prevented freezer burn.
damage.

Symptoms or lack of will not tell you anything about your status. The only way to know your status is by testing. If one has been infected ARS symptoms if they have them come on 2-4 weeks post exposure and last 1-2 weeks.

You can obtain a baseline test and then a conclusive HIV test 3 months post exposure.  

Your STD concerns will need to be posted in the STD forum.

Condoms aren't expensive and are classified and approved as a medical device. You can get them free at most clinics. If you can't afford the price of a condom then I suggest you either have safer sex or none at all.

Saran Wrap? What the f***?  Next time just use a CONDOM.