Med Help Gang vs Youtube-hiv videos

If anyone here would take time to set this lady on YouTube straight, i'd appreciate it. They are really scaring me man, ultra conservative at every turn testing at six months for a conclusive result for one...i posted a response stating what we state here, that it's been 3 months for a while now. The response-the cdc says 6 months is golden...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In Miami we do 3 months as being conclusive. Miami also has one of the highest HIV/AIDS prevelence rates in the U.S (may be the highest) so testing would have to be very accurate here and they consider this 3 month test final.  6 months is for the ultra rare cases (already have compromised immune systems, cancer patients, chemo., etc...). Hope this helps some.
Helpful - 0
Miami? Wow, i thought it would be L.A, NY or something, that's incredible..I know it's 3 months myself, it's just they say the cdc say it's 6 months-they say 3 -or- 6, i can't really find it.
Helpful - 0
Yep, I think we surpassed NY or at least that's what they told me when I tested. By 3 months around 99.9% of people infected will turn positive. I don't think it's worth worrying about that tiny percentage rarely rarely ever seen who turn + at 6 months. I was going through the same thing regarding testing and I just had to trust in what I was told...if not it would have driven me mad. The test at 3 months is definitely conclusive if you don't have cancer etc...Anyway, the cdc like you said is ultra conservitave and confusing so I believe they are just covering themselves due to the extremely rare cases that take longer than 3 months.  
Helpful - 0
that info is not right?you can also find cdc say 6mos window period in their web page.
Helpful - 0
That is the CDC's most recent training manual. So don't tell me or anyone else it's not correct. Anything that you've read where CDC states 6 months is outdated.
Helpful - 0
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/testing/resources/qa/be_tested.htm
everyone know cdc use 6mos for a long time,till 2008 they still not change window period,that say 6mos negative you will be safe.
Helpful - 0
You've got the training manual URL if you can't believe that then I don't know what to tell you. You yourself can test out as long as you want, every week if you want but the CDC testing guideline is 3 months for a conclusive test.

Note it says: In very rare cases, it can take up to 6 months to develop antibodies to HIV. That has nothing to do with you. You aren't one of the rare cases.You aren't on anti-rejection drugs for a transplant and you are not on Chemo and you aren't a long term Chronic IV drug abuser. So you don't fall in the rare case category.
Helpful - 0
Teak, have there been ANY reported cases of people seroconvert ande test positive after 3 months from last possible exposure if negative at 3 months that were not part of the chemo, PEP, cancer drug, IV user etc. i.e. normal people who were freak occurences? Or is reading outdated material that you have so many times shown is outdated just making people think it is all in there heads? Additionally, is this year long or more dormancy thing a load of bs? thank you again
Helpful - 0
· Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community