Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.6k Members

Mental Stress

I am a 33 year old male that had protected sex with a working girl approximately 14 months ago. I had prostatitis within a month of the encounter and was tested for STD's which came back negative. However, I have been overly concerned with exposure to HIV just recently. I donate blood on a regular basis and over the past 14 months have not had any reprecussions from doing so. Even though I have the knowledge of having donated blood,and obviously they test, that everything SHOULD be good. I do break out into hives which only last up to a couple of hours, I recently have what seems to be a viral infection on my inner cheek that has been there approx 2 weeks, I still have symtoms of prostatitis ( strep veridans ). Should I be concerned with the possiblity of an infection to the virus or does having given blood on 3 different occasions clear me? I feel as if it is more mental, but having a great marriage with 2 little ones has me very concerned because of my mistake. Answers will definitely help.
1 Responses
186166 tn?1385259382
what has "cleared" you is the FACT that you had CONDOM PROTECTED sex.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.