HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

Molloscum and HIV Scare

I'm really scared right now.

I did something stupid and visited an unlicensed massage parlour, and received a happy ending with possibly oral. I don't remember having sex, but I was so drunk that I couldn't remember.

Fast forward 3 weeks and my doctor has found molluscum in the the shaft of my penis, which he has frozen off.

I've now got a sore throat, one swollen tonsil, and my gums were bleeding - possibly due to not flossing correctly.

I'm now really scared that I might have HIV, and I'm married, living with my wife and children.

I got a blood test at the 10 day mark, and nothing showed up in the results. I'm now really scared as I have to wait till at least 8 weeks for a conclusive results.

I'm also coming down with a fever, and not sure if it's due to my anxiety, or something else.

Please help me someone - please

HIV can be transmitted via unprotected vaginal or/and anal penetration, sharing IV works in drugs and from mother to child
Take care
So if I have all the symptoms above with the occasional coughing of green phlegm, then you wouldn't think it's HIV related
Don't go by the symptoms.
If you penetrated unprotected then you should test in order to be aware of your status.
Simple!
Thanks BeStrong!

To be honest, al I thought I received was a hand job, but can't remember if it escalated to oral or sex. I'm sure that I would have realised it if it did happen, but now I'm really worried.

I did a test at 2 weeks, which I know wouldn't be conclusive but it came back negative.

What's the earliest that I could do the test to be sure - 8 weeks or sooner? I know there is a 3 month rule, but not sure if my sanity can hold off until then.
A 4th generation test should be done at 4 weeks post exposure and a simple HIV test at three months post exposure.
Be Strong. Do you think a HIV test at 8 weeks would be conclusive? I'm not sure if my mind can bear that much time. I'm really scared.

Would symptoms like these show themselves at 3-4 weeks, or do you think it's pure coincidence?

I don't believe I had vaginal or anal intercourse with the women, but oral might have been possible. Would the women having molluscum put her at a higher probability of having HIv?
What do you think be strong? I'm just worried because molluscum is associated with people who had HiV.
A simple HIV test done at a clinic is conclusive at 3 months post exposure.