I am male aged 26 from India. I had high risk sexual exposure (first and only) with a prostitute 17 months ago (in July 2013).
The prostitute was 99.9% having AIDS. She looked very wasted (thin and weak) and was having vaginal yeast infection (thick vaginal discharge with foul smell). She also had a hump on neck.
She slept over my body and rubbed her vagina to my penis WITHOUT the condom. After this, I had protected vaginal sex. I also had some microscopic cuts on my groin due to shaving previous day.
(PS this is the what I posted on medhelp on that fateful day: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/Worried-after-protected-sex/show/1983787#post_9334614
After this exposure, I have been getting various opportunistic infections continuously as below:-
1. Severe Pulmonary Tuberculosis:
• I got severe TB, 6 months after this exposure. I had to take AKT for 10 months.
• I had fever for 2 months even AFTER starting AKT (unusual according to doctors)
• Total 2 liters of Pleural fluid was removed 3 times in 3 weeks (unusual according to doctors)
• I have Permanent scar on my left lung due to pleural thickening.
2. Recurrent Fungal Infections at multiple sites (given below) for 16 months (ongoing) and NOT clearing with treatment:
• Groin (Jock Itch) • Penis head (Balanitis)
• Finger-nail • Stomach & Waistline
• Arms and legs • Under-arms & Elbows
• White tongue (Oral Thrush) • Neck (Hair Folliculitis)
3. Recurrent Diarrhea, else soft stool; burning and itching at stool.
4. Numbness in arms and legs. For eg. When sitting or standing in one position for 1-2 minutes.
5. Body ache, fatigue, weakness, malaise, feverish feeling, back pain, chest pain.
6. Allergic Rhinitis, Viral URTI, fat deposition on stomach.
Medications I am taking / taken:
• Anti TB - Rifampicin, Isoniazid, Ethambutol, Pyrazinamide (Feb 2014 - Nov 2014)
• Anti fungal - Terbinafine , Hydroxizine, Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Amorolfine, Sertaconazole
• Anti Rhinitis – Fluticasone nasal spray, Allegra tablets
• Other - Azithromycin, Sporolac, Pyridoxine
Tests I have taken so far:
• HIV I&II ELISA, CMIA, WESTERN BLOT, P24 - NEGATIVE for 16 months (8 tests)
• Diabetes, VDRL, HbsAg, HCV - NEGATIVE after 8 months of exposure.
• CD4 counts & cd4/cd8 ratios - 500-700 & 1.4-1.6 (3 tests in 10 months)
• CBC, TSH - NORMAL
I am convinced that I have got AIDS. Recurrent Invasive Fungal infections, Tuberculosis, recurrent diarrhea, low cd4 counts (500-700) are all proofs signs of 1st stage of AIDS. I suspect I might have-
• a rare/new strain of HIV
• delayed sero-conversion (US CDC has documented such cases)
• new undiscovered virus which can cause *HIV negative AIDS (US CDC has documented such cases)
I want to do further tests and investigation. Whom can I contact? Are there any organizations doing research on HIV negative AIDS? Can you advise any further tests for me? Thank you.