HIV Prevention Community

NEEDS HELP, RECEIVED ORALSEX FROM 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE ON CRAIGSLIST

HI EVERYBODY
I AM 17 YEARS OLD, AND HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING HIV SYMPTOMS

I HAVE HAD 10 ORAL SEX PARTNERS, AND ONLY RECEIVED ...AND AM A VIRGIN AND NEVER GAVE ORAL SEX.

I MET 10 DIFFERENT GUYS OFF CRAIGSLIST, AND THEY WERE OF ALL AGES EVEN AS OLD AS 50.

I AM EXPERIENCING HIV SYMPTOMS SUCH AS, THRUSH OF THE TONGUE, SLIGHT COUGH, VISION LOSS, FATIQUE SEVERELY, NAUSEA, LOSS OF APETITE,FLOATERS IN EYE, AND SEVERE DIAREAHA FOR A MONTH AND NUMBNESS IN BODY AT TIMES.

I AM IN A COMPLETE STATE OF " MY LIFE IS OVER, AND JUST ENJOY YOUR TIME WHILE YOUR HERE. "

I TESTED ON DECEMBER 20 AND GOT THE RESULTS BACK NEGATIVE AFTER NOT EXACTLY KNOWING WHEN LAST EXPOSURE WAS, (MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN LATE SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER.)

I DO NOT EAT WELL, AND RARELY EXCERSIZE

IM CONVINCED THAT I AM SICK.

PLEASE HELP!
You aren't experiences any HIV symptoms. You didn't have a risk of contracting HIV. Oral sex does not transmit HIV.
but what could be causing these symptoms?

and weight loss as well

but one of them did not look like he had good dental health and could have had blood in the mouth?
See your doctor if you are concerned because your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.
when should i get tested again if i am concerned about hiv?

im extremely convinced im sick, and expect to hear bad news even in a couple months getting tested again

some websites say oral sex IS a risk
and my doctor said it was a risk as well
Then your doctor is not educated in HIV.

No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK
many many websites suggest that hiv is a risk for both receptive and the giving partner

im just very nervous and dont feel good and want some answers, thats all
That's what happens when you don't get your information from educated sites.
but how is there no risk for hiv?
and i forgot to mention i am gay, and this was with men
Saliva is not infectious and contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibit HIV transmission.
but what if there was blood in his mouth?