HIV Prevention Community

NEGATIVE RNA MEAN ANYTHING?

I had unprotected sex with someone who turned out to be high risk 29 days ago.  I took an RNA test at 22 days and it came back negative.  I was TOLD by the testing center that result is 99% sure however I should take an ELISA test at 3 months as a follow up (which I understand).  

How much faith if any can I actually put in the RNA results?  I am still experiencing what I would consider to be ARS symptoms; symmetrical red bumps on my ears (specifically on the tip top of the ear lobe before it goes into the canal) that don't itch but indicative of a "rash"?  I've never had anything on them before.  Two look sort of like pimples, but aren't and the other is a larger red lump.  They came up approx. 1 week ago (3 wks after the incident).  

My other concern is that the sore throat has been a commonality for me on and off over the last few months.  A fever of 99.1 for a few days.  Nausea, dizziness and loss of appetite have been on and off throughout the last 2 wks.

Any thoughts (other than I need to wait for the ELISA)?

Thanks!
Just means so far HIV hasn't been detected but in no way is it conclusive. RNA tests are used in conjunction with antibody tests they are not standalone tests.
Is 31 days to early for an antibody test?
Yes.
Thanks! I'll wait till the 6 wk. mark like Dr. Hook recommended to take my first one...then take another at 3 months.