Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.3k Members

Needle used for Splinter Removal

I had a splinter in my hand I got at work from unloading/loading equipment off a transfer truck last week.  I work for a technical college, and our nursing department at one time gave us one of there needles (unopened,never used with blood) to clean out splinters.  That needle was in my desk for a long time untouched but open.  I used it to try to dig out the splinter.  I never penetrated down far enough to get blood.  I might be paranoid about this, but could that cause anything like Hep or HIV?

The reason I am asking is this. As of late, I have been suffering from night sweats and some soreness in my arms and legs and also I am tired now.  The soreness I can almost explain from moving a pallet jack around a truck loaded with equipment and my muscles are soar.  The tiredness could be contributed to the same and I am just burned out, but the night sweats are what gets me. After reading symptoms of HIV, night sweats kept showing up so I guess that is what got me paranoid.Can HIV spread that fast in a week even?  Maybe I am very paranoid.

I am male 38, 190lbs, 5'10

Thanks
1 Responses
3149845 tn?1506627771
No risk for hiv
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.