A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

Negative HIV ElISSA after 2 months

Dear Dr,

I am 25 y/o white male. I have had 6 male partners in the last yr.
3 encounters I had unprotected sex.

I keep in contact with all of them. And they have all reassured me they have been tested for HIV recently and were negative.

I am feeling awful about not using protection and have been having Panic Attacks.

The last sexual encounter I had was in the middle of April. 4/15/09 and had a HIV blood test at the health department on 5/04/09 which was negative.

I had been diagnosed with Tinea Versicolor on my back and under my left breast around the same time. It disappeared about 1-2 weeks later after using combo Dandruff shampoo and Oxistat lotion.

I still have been freaking out so I went in on 6.25.09 for another HIV test.
This time they used the Rapid Oral test which was negative.

I am very concerned. I have not had any symptoms except for a runny nose recently.... but would like to see if you could please give me any other advice.

Thank You
1 Responses
480448 tn?1426948538
First of all, you probably already know this...but if you continue down the road of having unprotected sex with other (multiple) men...HIV is likely to be in your future.  Condoms are effective against HIV.  Sex lasts a moment...HIV lasts a lifetime.

That being said....looks like you dodged a bullet in this case.  A negative test at 2 months after your last exposure is a VERY good sign.  Follow up your test at 3 months for a conclusive result.  After you collect your result...it's time to commit to a safer lifestyle.  Then, you won't have to go thru this kind of ordeal and stress again.

Best of luck.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.