HIV Prevention Community

Non-Reactive Result (0.081)

I tested myself for HIV 1+2. The results came out as non-reactive.
In the parameters the non-reactive range was mentioned as < 0.1. My result was mentioned as non-reactive (0.081). What does this mean?
Am I a borderline case?
Will the value increase over time?
value doesn't matter it can be lower or higher. if the test is non reactive than it is what it says regardless of number result. what i don't understand is why people test and then don't ask their physician any question they have about a test. That is what they are paid for and ultimately have a better understanding than say somebody like myself explaining it over the internet.
Thanks a lot.
My problem was that the test was not recommended by a doc. Hence the results were given to me at a counter in the hospital by a nurse. I was not sure if I needed any doc consultation.
Thanks a ton fagain or the immediate response.
you didn't really need a consultation but you could have asked the nurse and she would have had to explain or the doctor.
Aftter how many weeks you have tested? This is important factor in antibody test.