A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

Non-Reactive Result (0.081)

Hi,
I tested myself for HIV 1+2. The results came out as non-reactive.
In the parameters the non-reactive range was mentioned as < 0.1. My result was mentioned as non-reactive (0.081). What does this mean?
Am I a borderline case?
Will the value increase over time?
4 Responses
value doesn't matter it can be lower or higher. if the test is non reactive than it is what it says regardless of number result. what i don't understand is why people test and then don't ask their physician any question they have about a test. That is what they are paid for and ultimately have a better understanding than say somebody like myself explaining it over the internet.
Thanks a lot.
My problem was that the test was not recommended by a doc. Hence the results were given to me at a counter in the hospital by a nurse. I was not sure if I needed any doc consultation.
Thanks a ton fagain or the immediate response.
you didn't really need a consultation but you could have asked the nurse and she would have had to explain or the doctor.
Aftter how many weeks you have tested? This is important factor in antibody test.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.