HIV Prevention Community

OraQuick

I am waiting for my 3 month mark coming up on Wed. I've had tests done at 4 and 5 weeks which required a blood draw, and 6 and 8 weeks were saliva swabs (oraquick). All tests were negative. I'm wondering if the saliva tests are accurate. Should I have blood drawn again for my three month test?
Oral swab tests do not test the saliva.  They test the fluid that your mouth produces along the gumline in your mouth.  They test for HIV antibody reactions.  And to answer your question, they are very accurate.

A blood test or an oral swab test are both going to give you the same result: negative.
Only a test at 3 months will be conclusive.
Yes, clearly only a three month test is conclusive (according to you and the CDC and not my doctors; GP and gynecologist both say six months). I'm not asking WHEN a test is conclusive. I asked whether or not I should have blood drawn for my three month test rather than an oral swab (oraquick), i.e. I am wondering if the 20 min oraquick tests are conclusive. I understand that they are approved by the FDA. However, I called the FDA myself and was told that ANY test should not be taken as conclusive. I'm not sure why they bother putting their stamp off approval on tests if that's the type of answer they give to these types of questions.
Your tone is hostile.  Oraquick tests are very accurate, as I said.  There is not going to be a difference between a blood test and an oral swab to receive a conclusive test result.

Your doctors are incorrect go to the manufactures sites and read exactly what they say. "A conclusive negative test is 3 months post exposure.". Your doctors cannot change the guidelines. Only the mfg. and FDA can change the testing guidelines.