Oraquick question

I am not sure if anyone here can answer this for me, but I just took the Oraquick test where you swap your gums and place it in a solution. I accidentally placed the stick in backwards and ended up turning it around without taking it out of the solution at all. I don't think this would effect the test results, but I'm not sure. The control line showed up fine after 20 minutes, so I am assumed it is ok? Thanks in advance!
If you didn't cause any of the buffer solution to spill it would not matter if you turned it around.
Thank you for your quick response!
One more quick question please. After I swabbed my gums with the test stick I put the stick back in the envelope for about 15 minutes because I was not able to perform the test right then.  On the oraquick site it says you have 30 minutes to put the test stick in the liquid after swabbing your gums and you should have accurate results but it doesn't say whether it would be ok to put it back in the envelope or not. I figured that would be the best place because that's where it came from. I doubt this had any effect on the test but I wanted to check and see what you thought. Thank you again :)
You'll have to redo the test. Next time follow the instructions.
Really? Why does it say you have 30 minutes to put it in the solution then?
Once you open the test stick pouch, you will need to perform the test within 30 minutes. Please leave the test stick in the pouch until you are ready to perform the test.
But there is also a FAQ that says "I swabbed my gums but didn't immediately put the stick in the solution" and then it says "Once you swab your gums with the test stick, you have 30 minutes to place the test stick in the test tube. If you do this, and follow all the directions, your results should be accurate"

I'm not trying to argue with you I am just a little confused
You're correct but I have to ask why you would start the test then not finish it? Did you do the test 3 months post exposure?
Well actually it was my previous partner who was taking the test I just used the word I to keep it simple. The only way I could get him to test was if I met him at his work and he swabbed his gums and I finished the test at my house no more than 15 minutes later. It was well over 3 months since his last partner besides me
Do you think the results are still valid? I know he also donated blood a few months ago as well with no issues
If what you said is true about his last unprotected sex then yes his results are conclusive.
Yes absolutely true! Thank you again Teak!

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community