HIV Prevention Community

Oraquick

Could someone explains the composition of the developer solution used in Oraquick.
Recently the fluid in the vial came in contact with my fingers. Is there any risk?
Do you work in a clinic?
Hi Teak, Thanks for the immediate response.
No I do not work at Clinic. I tested for HIV after a very low fingering risk. It was negative after 7 weeks.
I know I cant get HIV through this medium. However after testing the GP gave me the vial and the kit. I touched the fluid..Is there any risk? What are the composition of the solution?
No there was no risk and had there been a risk the doctor wouldn't have given you the test which he shouldn't have.
Thanks.
Just out of curiosity, does the developer solution contains the actual virus (HIV).
Please answer. I promise no more questions.
No. It contains a buffered phosphate saline solution with polymers and antimicrobial agents.
Hi Teak, Thanks for the Information.