So I probably should have posted this question before my last post, it's a completely different encounter that happened before the ones I mentioned in my first post. This place has been very informative and I wish I knew about it sooner! On to my story.. at the end of July I had an encounter with a South American csw here in the states, we both gave each other unprotected oral for a short time, followed by a little bit of body to body rubbing. She then put the condom on me, for about 10min I was struggling to get a full erection until I finally entered her vaginally. After about 1 minute of penetration I noticed the condom had broke at the ring I immediately pulled out but I am pretty sure the tip was still protected when I was out.
Here's where the worry started. I got sick a week later and decided to take a complete test on the 15th day after that encounter. Everything came back negative, but as the coughing continued I was still worried.. and reading so many different opinions about 4th gen duo test didn't make me feel too great about a negative result on only day 15. After that test here are my other results:
Day 15 - full test negative
Day 24 - syphillis and 4th gen duo negative
Day 29 - 4th gen duo negative
Day 45 - 4th gen duo negative
Day 60 - syphillis and 4th gen duo negative
A couple of weeks ago I took a course of antibiotics and the cough has greatly reduced since then. So from all the reading I've done many experts seem to be sure that post 28 days the 4th gen duo test is conclusive, after sharing my potential exposure with an agency csw (status unknown), as well as my results up to 2 months post exposure, is there any reason to test at the 3 month mark? This has been a rough stretch for me, I wish I knew what I know now about all these risks and I hope to learn from this and not be so reckless in the future. Any help would be greatly appreciated.