HIV Prevention Community

PEP effectiveness vs ARS symptoms

Hello ,one month back I was the bottom in a one night stand,long story short my partner tricked me and exposed me badly I was naive and unexpirienced after 52+ hours I started PEP now 30 days after I started pep ,2 days after I finished the treatment  I experience fever a sore throat and headache could it be ARS Symptoms ? At this short time of distance or is it a flu with perfect timing ?
If you were put on PEP, you are (hopefully) being followed by an HIV specialist who would be far better qualified to answer these questions.

When you finished your 28 day course of PEP, I will assume you were told you need to test at six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure.

I have no definitive way of diagnosing your symptoms as those of ARS.........MOST SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I AM NOT A DOCTOR!

Some people do not experience ANY symptoms and some people describe it as the most horrible flu-like feeling you can imagine.

You must remember that HIV can NOT be diagnosed by symptoms. ONLY a blood test can determine your status.

Follow all testing requirements at the appropriate time.

I wish you the very best outcome.
RubyWitch
Yes,that is correct, but I can't help it I am in panic.if it isn't ARS the timing and the symptoms are scary.Does anyone out there had the same issue as me ,and if he did, what was the outcome?