HIV Prevention Community

PEP effectiveness

I had a insertive anal exposure (I inserted into a guys anus) for about 20 seconds. It was an odd incident that I won't go into detail about, but at the time I was not clear it was happening (strange I know).

I started PEP meds 4 hours post this event.  I am very concerned. I know that insertive anal has about a 9 in 10,000 episode risk. How effective is PEP taken this early.

Stressed :(

not sure how to ask Dr Hook a question directly :(
Doctors left here years ago, but we rely on their advice when we answer questions on this forum. Did you use a condom?
No. He was giving me a blow job through a glory hole. I think he then turned around and put his anus onto my penis. I noticed that the sensation changed. He said he did not, but
I strongly think he did.  Sorry for all the details.
Sounds like the same encounter as August. If so, see a therapist and maybe stop going to these places since you end up wondering what happened afterwards both times.
I guess this is a new one since you are on PEP. Same advice though.
PEP is very effective, so try to forget about it until you can test with a duo in a few months. I am doubting he could have done that if you couldn't tell though,  so maybe talk it over with your doc or therapist to make sure it really happened. PEP should be avoided if there is no risk.
thanks