Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.9k Members

PLEASE HELPPP!

Ok you guys, I really need your help. I am highly concerned and worried like I should be. But my worries are making me sick. I had unprotected sex in a pool with a guy who claims to not have hiv but sounded hesitant to get a test. He said I'm being crazy and paranoid. But weird things have been happening to me and people around me. I've gotten tested for everything including hiv but at 8 weeks. I know that a three month test is suppose to be conclusive. But is an 8 week test pretty accurate? i got an hiv rapid test from a bit of blood drawn from my finger. it took about 20 minutes and they said it was negative. but im sooo worried because my current boyfriend just got a random fever out of nohwhere which included headaches and diarreah. i'm really scared and need everyones advice!!! please =(
9 Responses
OK your test out of 8month is very good but not conclusive and you would need to test at 12weeks
odds are astronomically in your favor

symptoms tells you nothing
good luck
thanks =)
188761 tn?1570897452
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sex in the pool. Now, that's real fancy. :-D

Okay, lets see here - you got a negative at 8 weeks, that is very very indicative that you didn't contract HIV from the exposure you had.

6 week negative is indicative of a conclusive negative awaiting at the 12th week and an 8 week negative turning positive at the 12th week is highly unlikely. You're safe!

But, you must be careful, lady. You just might not be able to dodge the bullet all the time. Avoid haphazard sex, stay safe.

Good luck
188761 tn?1570897452
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sex in the pool. Now, that's real fancy. :-D

Okay, lets see here - you got a negative at 8 weeks, that is very very indicative that you didn't contract HIV from the exposure you had.

6 week negative is indicative of a conclusive negative awaiting at the 12th week and an 8 week negative turning positive at the 12th week is highly unlikely. You're safe!

But, you must be careful, lady. You just might not be able to dodge the bullet all the time. Avoid haphazard sex, stay safe.

Good luck
188761 tn?1570897452
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hey Kim, how have you been? :)
Yea you are absolutely right. There is no way I am having unprotected sex again! lol
Obtain a conclusive test result.
188761 tn?1570897452
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yea, teak's right. Forgot to tell you do take this one last test at the 12th week again to put your mind at rest and move on. But, like i said before. I bet my house - your 8 week negative is not changing ahead. Goodluck    
Hello all, I've obtained my 12 weeks conclusive and it's negativo. i have benifited from this experience and do not think any different of people that are positive. in dfact i believe those to be some of the strongest people in the world to be able to cope with something like that. thanks u all for your help =)
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.