HIV Prevention Community

Pep delay very very very stressed

Hie i had unprotected sex on 25 june 2016 the whole night not knowing the girl was hiv positive and we did this 3 nights the last time we had sex its 3 weeks back from today 1 August2016 today i bought 2 hiv test kit for me and her , i tested negative and she tested positive , i went straight to the doctor and he gave me lazid,. PeP . my question is is it too late? Am i going to be positive since its all most six weeks and i started pep today please help, and i tested negative again two weeks back , please help
PEP must be started within 72 hours of a possible exposure. I'm afraid that you are long past that window period. I can't imagine why the doctor would give it to you as its efficacy at this point is zero.
Many HIV specialists now consider testing at 6 weeks with a 4th generation DUO to be conclusive.......but many still go by international guidelines of 12 week testing for conclusive results. Consult the doctor or clinic where you are tested for their guidelines.
I wish you the very best.  
She also needs to confirm her result before considering she is positive...gd luck man