Persistent 'symptoms' 2 years

Hi there. Thanks in advance for considering my question. I have been stressed for 2 years after a drunken encounter with a girl: I'm a 26 year old male. Met a girl (American, Caucasian, Grad Student from Midwest) at a bar and went to hotel. We took off our clothes and proceeded to mutually masturbate each other while "making out". I did put my finger in her anus for about one or two minutes, and my penis was in the same area for a bit as well (although it never went in). I briefly performed oral sex on her for about 30 seconds max. Once again, I never penetrated her at all.

I developed warts on my shaft about two days later, and was really sick starting a week after exposure and lasting about 10-14 days. I also suffered from sore testicles and white patches in my mouth (along with a few wart-like bumps). Convinced I had contracted HIV or something else, I went to the doctor. I was tested for everything about 18 days after this incident (blood HIV test) and everything came back okay (besides the warts on shaft). The Dr. said I had lichen planus in my mouth. Since then, symptoms haven't really disappeared. The past two years I have had sore lymph nodes all over body, especially neck, clavicle, and armpits. I have had abdominal pain above pelvis and reoccurring night sweats too, and a sore throat. In addition, I have bouts of constipation, have gained about 10 pounds (normally very healthy and fit) and have sore joints, tendons often. Also, the situation is my mouth hasn't gotten better and I am worried sick every day. Since the incident I have had two WBC counts done for physicals, and they were totally normal, including one about 2 months ago.

Given the circumstances and my symptoms, do you think I could have HIV? I am too nervous to check - almost like 'what you don't know can't hurt you' type thing (stupid of me, i know). Please help with any insight you can give. I know my exposure risk is low, but given all of the info, it seems like more than a coincidence. Thank you so much
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You never had unprotected penetrative vaginal or anal sex so you never had a risk of hiv transmission.It appears you tested for other STD,s after 18 days because you said you tested for everything.Your symptoms are definately not related to hiv because you never had a risk.Oral sex is zero risk.
Helpful - 0
Your risk is very low, but you better go for HIV test in order to make yourself moving forward. I am sure you will get negative result, and all your anxiety and symptoms will disappear automatically.
Helpful - 0
He never had a risk of hiv transmission from the situation he described,not even a very low risk.He,s safe,and does not require hiv testing.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your insight and it helps me feel better. Do anybody else have anything to add? I see Lizzie and Teak are active answerers - can you guys offer anything else?
Helpful - 0
You have been given proper advice.

Symptoms never did and do not have anything to do with HIV.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community