HIV Prevention Community

Petrified

Ok, I am really scared.

For 4 weeks now i have had a tight throat and difficulty swallowing. After the 3rd week I went to get it checked out and the ENT found a growth in my post nasal cavity. For the past week I have been really concerned that I may have cancer. Tonight my concern changed - and i am even more scared. The past week i have been nausea's, and have had no appetite, as well having slightly larger lymph nodes. I had been presuming this was because of worry - as it only came on the day after i found out about the growth.

I heard something about HIV on the radio tonight however and it all seems to make sense. In the middle of last year I made a big mistake and had oral sex on a girl ONCE. I know some of you say there is no chance of catching HIV from that - but roughly a month after that i had a few days of bad fever etc. And now this throat, nausea problem one year on. Im pretty sure I remember licking 'juices' off the girl that were more mucusy than normal vaginal juices.

Can i please have peoples opinions as to what they think? I will have an HIV test today but will have to wait a week to get results.. and i dont know if i can handle the stress (worrying about maybe cancer also) for the next week.

I am so scared for myself and my wife... Have i ruined both our lives from one mistake?

I dont think I can.. I am in Australia. I dont think they have them??! Can anyone tell me if they do?
Opinion: Get a rapid test. Another week of anxiety is NOT worth it.
The activity you describe is NOT significant as far as HIV is concerned. If this is your only exposure, you can rule out HIV.
I just googled and came up with nothing. I live in a major city. Im pretty sure Australia doesnt have them.
Call some places. It has to.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2004/03/27/1075221.htm
Are you totally sure of that?? Yes this is my only exposure, and only once. And not for long... but I did taste her juices. And they were thickish. Also she was studying in Australia - originally from Zimbabwe..
Can you promise me that 100%? Even if my gums have had bleeding problems? They dont bleed normally (just when i brush my teeth sometimes) but could that have an effect??
MiamiLat: You've been here long enough. You know that that's hard to accept (impossible for most of us here).

Ben: The land of Crocodile Dundee has very up-to-date HIV testing. Just google rapid test centers or HIV places. Go to a major city. You'll find one, for sure.
Ahh, oral sex.  One of God's best gifts to us little humans.  I love it!!  

Sorry to hear about your health concerns but you can rule out HIV based on this exposure.  HIV is a weak little virus outside of its host and saliva kicks its *** everytime.  

Im sure you know that symptoms are not a good indicator of hiv infection and you are well beyond the window period for ARS symptoms such as nausea.  Perhaps your nausea is a result of thinking about mucousy juices going in your mouth.  I love giving, but hearing it said like that is making me nauseous.  
I can promise you that they told me the same thing...
Ive also been feeling very weak since i found out about the growth. I know that probably points to anxiety - but just before my throat got tight I had a 2 day fever and diaroreahr. My wife is asleep now.. Im just so scared.
You can worry about cancer, but you don't need to worry about HIV. You were never at risk.
SO even if some of her juices made contact with my gums I can still completely rule out HIV?
If you were bleeding bad enough to worry about HIV you wouldn't have been able to give her oral.  You would have to have a fresh GAPING wound to even hint at a chance for transmission.  
Groooossss, FFP.
How do you know this? GOD i hope youre right. Does everyone else agree with this opinion?
congrats man!!!
Actually this is what she wrote:

last time was in Feb this year for my medicals for my visa. got the nod, whats wrong?

Got the nod? I assume that means the all clear?
i just got an email from the girl involved. She said she last had a test in February of this year. (i had oral sex with her about august last year) and she was all clear.

I think that has finally put my mind to rest...
The article is all wrong with the information given. They are not testing saliva in the oral tests and other Rapid tests using blood are just as reliable as ELISA tests. ELISA test can also give false positive results. This is just a decision my by the  Australian AIDS Council.
ok, now im just being paronoid i know. But i just endured the hardest night of my life. Just yesterday i was close to breaking point worrying about cancer and then to have this worry all night. My wife is who i was worried about the most.
That's made by the Australian AIDS Council.
are you all absolutely certain i could not be at risk? i just have a feeling she is not telling the truth. Do you know if you have to have a test done for most visas?