HIV Prevention Community

Please help me I am begging you!

Ok so my situation is that I had unprotected sex once with a guy who I didnt know, he didn't ejaculate inside me and sex didn't last very long. I was tested for HIV after the incident, but it was too soon to give a proper reading (I just wanted to do it for peace of mind at the time) I cant remember how long I was tested after the incident. It has been over a year since the incident and I have recently developed 'Shingles' which is of great concern to me (especially as I am young) because I have read over and over again is a sign of HIV. What would you advise me to do? I am going to be tested for HIV again but how likely is it that I have it? I'm a 19 year old female from the UK and the man I had sex with was also white and about 24. If I'm positive I really don't know how I will cope, please help me! I understand shingles could be stress/poor diet/bad sleeping patterns - which could all apply to me though not in an extreme sense.
dont worry u hav low risk GOD bless u
Hi, thank you for replying and your kind words! The main worry I have is about the shingles at such a young age? Do you think theyre serious cause for concern? Im only 19.
Jessie,  I have read on here that you can estimate that about 1/1000 people are infected in UK and US, and if you happened to sleep with one of the 1 in 1000 people who are infect, the chance of catching it from one instance of vaginal sex would be around 1/200 (I think? Don't quote me on that second stat, but I think it's close).    I know you said you don't remember when you were tested, but if it was after 6 weeks or so, it would be accurate.  If it were after 4 weeks, it would be about 90% accurate.

I don't know if seeing the statistics helps you, but it looks like the odds are in your favor.  Don't let the internet freak you out.  You will find that they list every illness as linked to it, because when people's immunity is low, they will be susceptible to everything.  The illness alone can't be used as a diagnosis.  It is still a good idea to get tested, though, to make 100% sure, and for your peace of mind.
You need to test 3 months post exposure to obtain a conclusive test result.
Hi :)

Yeah I have read similar statistics to that too but can't help thinking 'What if Im that 1 person?' - its tearing me apart and Im struggling to cope because I have no one to talk to about this :( I remember the lady telling me that the test wouldnt show if I had HIV or not, so I cant rely on it. I was also tested for other things and they all came back negative.

I havent had any other symptons since the incident but realise people dont always get symptons, Ive just developed shingles a year after and Im really young :(

I will ring up the hospital tommorrow and make an appointment to have a HIV test, and Ive got a Doctors appointment already to confirm the shingles. I'm just devastated that one mistake could lead to this and Im terrified of losing people I love :(

Yeah, I realise that. Im just concerned about the fact I have shingles at 19, thats whats really worrying me. Also, if I have a HIV test done in the near future, would the fact I have shingles mess up the test?