Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

Poked with tattoo needle and scarred of HIV

Hello I am a tattoo artist and was working on a family members tattoo. When I was poked by a single needle. Right after I was poked I amedately ran to the sink took off the rubber glove a squeezed my finger tightly and pushed blood out the tiny hole and rinsed it and kept that up for a minute then soaked it in peroxide and finishing it with rubbing alcohol.After this had happen he denied any diseases except having diabetes.
This was in december 2011 mean while i have been having kidney stones and stomach problem and have had series of blood work about 7 to 10 tests and assumed i was ok since the doctors havent said anything about any blood diseases or HIV.
And Now I just found out that the person I poked my finger with tattoo needle may have HIV because he has SSI paper work and it says his complaints for SSI was Bypolar syndrome Diabetes eye problems and HIV positive.
He now denies having HIV and is a Alcoholic and lies alot claims he may have lied to nurses about having HIV
I just cant trust it.
It has now been 6 months and im so panic attacks and anxiety out i cant sleep nothing eat much so scarred.

SO is it possible to contract HIV from a single needle poke after all i did? Please Help me!
1 Responses
DOUBLE POST
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.