Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.3k Members

Possible exposure after 24hrs?

About 20 days ago I had a hookup with a guy, used a condom. The next day during the afternoon I noticed burning near my waist and noticed that I had hives or welts around my belt line. I'm not allergic to anything like that. It was pretty severe. I developed a sharp burning pain on my upper back too and found hives on random parts of my body. It went away after a week. a week passed and I have random red dots appear on my arm. And they'd go away within the hour. At other times I get a small hive and it doesn't itch, it just appears and it'll go away. No other symptoms besides headaches and dry eye/mouth although I think maybe that's just stress. I've heard that ARS symptoms don't appear until 2-3 weeks, and I can't think of any other STD, if it is that, that could cause these symptoms. Any clarification could help.
3 Responses
1508374 tn?1380812110
Hi,
Protected sex is SAFE sex. There is no risk for this encounter.
Take care
I'm just concerned because these symptoms appeared immediately after I had sex, so I'm not sure if skin to skin caused something considering I still get red itchy dots that come and go on my arms. I have no other symptoms.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.