HIV Prevention Community

Pregnancy HIV test Positive and indeterminate

My whole world was shattered yesterday when my OB called me in to tell me that my HIV pregnancy test came back with a positive, and then an indeterminate. I am terrified I'll admit it. My little baby is 2 and half, and when I had her my test was negative. My husband and I have been together and monogamous since we started dating in 2001, and I was with out a partner for a year before that. I am not a drug user, nor do I have any other risk factors. Is it possible that this could be a false negative. I have been looking and looking and there is nothing that really says determinably how long this lays dormant. I am trying to stay positive, and keep my head up, but waiting a week is just brutal. Any feedback or personal experience that can enlighten the situation I would appreciate it.  Thank you so much
it is not unusual for a woman to get a positive result while pregnant.  if you've had no risk factors...then try not to sweat it.

further testing will be done...i'm sure you will get a negative :)
Lizzie, thank you so much for your response I really appreciate you taking the time. Thankfully you are right I did go back to the doctor yesterday and the results for the WB tests were negative for HIV-1. It is a huge relief. It is just unfortunate that a false positive HIV with pregnancy is something you normally wouldn't know about until you are in the situation, and it is a really rough week.
Thank you for your feed back.