HIV Prevention Community

Prophylaxis after broken condom

I'm a 24 year old homosexual male, who tested negative for HIV. I had anal sex with a 28 year old male, and I was the receptive partner. He used a condom, but saliva was used instead of a real lubricant. The condom broke, but I didn't discover that until right afterward. He did ejaculate inside of me, but sex did not continue after that.

He claims to have been tested 6 months ago (negative), always use protection, and have sex very infrequently. I asked him about his status beforehand. I have no particular reason to trust him, but he does seem like a levelheaded person. There was no apparent bleeding, but I know that doesn't mean much.

Rest assured, I will never go without water-based lubricant again. I really don't know what I was thinking.. I've just never actually seen a condom break before, and it didn't occur to me that going "dry" would make a difference.

I know I'm not a good candidate for post-exposure prophylaxis given his recent negative result, but other than having him get tested.. is there anything else I could have done immediately afterwards ("first aid for non-occupational exposures")? Everything I can think of runs the risk of damaging the epithelial tissue as it kills the virus, or even just flushing ejaculate further into the colon. Should I take a mild laxative? Eat lots of gentle fiber? Use aloe vera or glycerin to speed healing of the mucosa?  I know I won't get an answer within time to do anything on this occasion, but i'd like to know so that I can spread good information and be prepared if this somehow were to ever happen again.

Finally, are there any herbal remedies that have even the slightest evidence of anti-HIV action when taken by mouth? I've started taking bitter melon and st. johns wort capsules, but only because I eat bitter melon occasionally anyway.. and am not taking any drugs that would interact with St. John's wort. I'll also be drinking a lot of green tea. Turmeric eat a lot of anyway, but i'll go out of my way to take it.

Also, if I'm being a paranoid weirdo, feel free to let me know of that too.
There is nothing that you can do other than take PEP within 72 hours. However, if it were me in that situation I would not take PEP due to the facts that you stated. Rather, I would just have a test 3 months post exposure.