Well, I haven't posted in a while, but as my 12th week approaches, I'm wondering how good things are looking with my 7 week negative. My 25th Birthday is actually gonna be 12 weeks to the day of my exposure now that I've counted back.... December 11th. I guess it would be a great birthday present to receive a more conclusive negative. However, as confident as I was after my 7 week negative, as the 12th week approaches, I find myself asking more questions. Add that to the fact, that all of a sudden women are slowly working their way back into the picture after my little "anxiety induced" hiatus away from them.
My major concern is that my groin area still seems to be going through what ever its been going through. I can't really tell if there is actual swelling, but there is a burning sensation, like your muscles might burn during efforts. Also, now that I've started cycling again, I've noticed that there is a lump or something at the back of my right knee. When I fold my leg ( usually in the morning as I wake up ) I can feel it. Also, if I push and try to power up to 35mph while cycling it starts to bother me. I guess you might say it has to do with my cycling, but 35mph used to be easy for my before my possible exposure and before all of my symptoms. I'm not sure if these remaining pains actually have to do with nodal swelling or ARS or HIV, but they of course have me a little worried since they all showed up around the 4th week after my exposure. However, by this time all of the other possible ARS symptoms, like my rash and sore throat had already began to go away.
My main question is,
1.) If I indeed had gone through ARS and had already passed all of my symptoms, having none beyond the groin swelling and some pain in my right shoulder and joint area, wouldn't I have shown antibodies during my seven week test?
My other questions are similar:
2.) If my symptoms had already disippated, would it then mean that my body had already began fighting the virus and producing anti bodies ( assuming I was or am actually possitive ), which should have shown up on the test?
3.) I'm tempted to take a test in between.... just for more peace of mind. Should I take that test or wait it out? At least I could have a negative before my birthday.
I had another question, but its kind of irrelevant based on the answer to these two questions. None of them really matter anyway. I'm either negative or positive no matter what your answers are, just want some reassurance to my curiosity. On a good note, I met this really beautiful Poz girl, so either way I'll be set. Now that I know more about it, I'm less afraid of it.
Anyway, your answers will be well received. Like I said, I feel confident with my negative, but now that I'm dipping back into the dating pool, I feel somewhat unsure as to how to go about it with the possibility still hanging around and a conclusive result still weeks away.
Oh, Yeah... My other question was. If ARS had already taken place and the symptoms had dissipated, would this mean that seroconversion would have already taken place by my seven week test ( if in fact I were positive )?