HIV Prevention Community

RASH on arm

I know symptoms are not a tell-tale sign, but can't explain the rash any other way.
I'm scared sick.... 3 weeks a ago I had a protected encounter with another man who i did not know. I was insertive and wore a condom, and i fingered him in the anus. I'm worried because I also might have had a little little cut on one of my fingers. Anyhow, three weeks afterwards, I feel like i have a fever (i've been at 37 C) , i have diarhea, and today I just noticed this sort of rash across my right arm like little red smudges not too close togehter. They aren't coming from the hair follicles and i havent had this before. I thought I was alright but now im worried i do have ARS. My logical side says i cant...i was protected, but there's also all those "what if"s: condom broke, leakage, cut got infected....

It has also been 1 week since i started the atkins diet... could that be responsible?
protected is protected...no risk...symptoms can't be related. fever is too low anyway to be ARS.
anxiety and stress will cause all problems no risk here move on
lol, throw into the mix some strong house cleaning products, you got yourself a rash. Its gone now after a few hours. Goes to show you how paranoid you can be in these situations... advice to everyone else: don't believe in symptoms
I had a rash on my arm (9 1/2 weeks after exposure), that is kind of like the one you describe.  A few brown spots, that went away within hours.  I was tested immediately after exposure (cause I forced the guy to do it as well) and we both tested negative.  I then tested 6 months, 1 year and a half, and 3 and a half years after that same exposure, and the test came back negative EVERY time.

Its actually nice to see somebody with a similar symptom to mine, who had NO RISK whatsoever.  I tell you that rash bothered me all these years, even with the negative test results.  Now I am accepting my test results gladly  (after starting medicine for OCD and receiving cognitive therapy).

By the way the rash associated with ARS usually occurs on the chest, and from what I understand is not unilateral.

And 37 is not a fever.  Not in my book anyways, the body temperature can fluctuate here and there throughout the day!  (o:
If one has a true ARS rash it is not localized.