HIV Prevention Community

Rash and other symptoms

I need some clarification on symptoms. For the past few weeks I've been having unexplained muscle aches and serious fatigue, which have now subsided but not completely. At this time I had swollen lymph nodes. I've also been getting lots of red spots on my chest about the size of an eraser head. They come and go, and just today I woke up with a bunch of them.

My questions are:
1) Can having all of these symptoms in combination be explained by something other than HIV? I got tested a few days ago and it came back negative but that would mean nothing if I'm still in the window.

2) Would HIV rash come and go like this over weeks? Or would you get it once for a sustained period?

Thank you so much.
You never had a risk of contracting HIV.
Well I may have had very brief unprotected anal with my recent ex 5 weeks ago, although I have no reason to believe he is positive.

At any rate, do these symptoms not sound somewhat suspicious?