A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

Razorblade

Hi there,

The other day I knocked my roommates razor off of the shelf in the shower and afterward I held the razor up to the streaming water in front of my face. I'm worried that there could have been blood on the razor, subsequently getting into my eyes (I remember water splashing around/in my eyes).

It was probably at least 2 hours before she had taken a shower and I'm not even sure if she had used the razor.

I know that this may sound far fetched, but I'm concerned because she used to date a steroid user who was friends with another steroid user who has recently been diagnosed positive(Not sure if he he contracted from needles or sex, as he slept around with many girls).

Thanks!
4 Responses
You are at no risk from this, the Virus cannot survive outside the body, especially where water is present. Don't worry.
I thought that HIV could survive longer in a moist environment?
Its outside the human body? Yes.
Will it remain its ability to infect someone if its outside the human body.No
Would the water have cleaned the razor? Yes
Have you had a risk? NO NO NO NO NO.

P.S. please leave your friends razor alone, you might cut yourself with it next time!- and No that wouldn't be a risk either.
Thanks for your input, pixie. I appreciate it. Teak, Lizzie, any input?
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.