HIV Prevention Community

Razorblade

Hi there,

The other day I knocked my roommates razor off of the shelf in the shower and afterward I held the razor up to the streaming water in front of my face. I'm worried that there could have been blood on the razor, subsequently getting into my eyes (I remember water splashing around/in my eyes).

It was probably at least 2 hours before she had taken a shower and I'm not even sure if she had used the razor.

I know that this may sound far fetched, but I'm concerned because she used to date a steroid user who was friends with another steroid user who has recently been diagnosed positive(Not sure if he he contracted from needles or sex, as he slept around with many girls).

Thanks!
You are at no risk from this, the Virus cannot survive outside the body, especially where water is present. Don't worry.
I thought that HIV could survive longer in a moist environment?
Its outside the human body? Yes.
Will it remain its ability to infect someone if its outside the human body.No
Would the water have cleaned the razor? Yes
Have you had a risk? NO NO NO NO NO.

P.S. please leave your friends razor alone, you might cut yourself with it next time!- and No that wouldn't be a risk either.
Thanks for your input, pixie. I appreciate it. Teak, Lizzie, any input?