Really Nervous

I am 24 years old and I live in Honolulu Hawaii. I recently visited a sex worker, and we were having vaginal sex. I was wearing a condom, and about two minutes into it the condom broke. We stopped immediately. Two or three days later I started feeling really bad. I had body aches and a sore throat. I just felt foggy. I was wondering if this is a sign of HIV or am I being paranoid. I have been avoiding sex with my wife as to not expose her to anything. Any info would be appreciated.

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
HIV symptoms do not appear that early. However, since your protection broke, leaving you exposed right in the middle of "hot waters" (the only disadvantage associated with this very strong safeguard, changing the category of your sex from protected to unprotected all of a sudden), you need to get yourself tested after 6-8 weeks, followed by a conclusive test after 3 months (12/13 weeks).

Your chances of getting HIV from this single event of unprotected exposure may not be high because CSW's in your part of the world are educated enough to protect themselves and are pretty careful.

Meanwhile, you may continue with your wife, but be careful and always use protection correctly which is a very responsible approach in my humble opinion.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Always I meant, until you get your conclusive 3 months report Negative,,, and you will get,,, I am very much hopeful. Then you can have unprotected contact with your mutually committed long term life partner.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community