HIV Prevention Community

Received oral sex from HIV postive, HIGH VIRAL LOAD. please help me

If a woman affected by HIV/AIDS, gives a blow job to a ME, what are the chances for a man to get HIV/AIDS? i  have a painful CUT in my penis, due to herpes/pimples and excessive masuturbation.

I know The chances are very low, well below 1%, but it is still possible. You do not need visible cuts on your penis, it is possible that you have micro-tears in the skin, from friction during sex or masturbation in the previous day or so.

I have done some research and realised During a blow job, the risk is greater for the woman than for the man. The risk of other STD’s is also greater than that of HIV, because they are very infectious

last point to add on:This women have an extremely high Viral Load and is extremely infection, due to primary infection and has not begin any ART yet. My doctor who intially stated that is very low risk also say it may be possible after hearing what i had added on. I can show you what he has written in his note too?

He told me to get a ora-quick test 3 month from now?
any help from you guys. deeply appreciated and thankful.

anyone infected this way before?
No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." Dr.Hook

"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK

hey teak, thanks for your reply. thats really very reassuring to know.

However this incident has indeed cause a scare.
My doctor explain that to me that saliva will help in stopping virus from transmitting.

However when he examined my penis. he was a little indifferent
First of all, i was uncircumcised  and had multiple cut due to excessive masturbation.

2 and a half weeks later, when i visted him for a follow up consultation.
i told him of my symptoms. Sore thorat, fatigue, headache and HIVES AND RASH that itch a lot. it just appear overnight

I am a very calm person and usually do not think much since my doctor have already reassured me. However this time round, instead of telling me not to worried.
He told his nurse to arrange me for a HIV test 2 weeks later. (HIV DUO TEST) His intial thoughts have changed and somehow i wondered why?

thanks and appreciate it

You don't have an HIV concern.
thanks teak.

So do you think i need to go for the HIV DUO test. it's pretty expensive and my health insurance won't cover it?

I understand that this is the HIV prevention forum. May i ask which STD's does this suggest of?  my tip of penis have been excessive red.

my symptoms are: itchy rash and hives, fatigue, mucles ache and sore throat.

In your experience, what do you think this is. I am 19 years old and really in need of your help teak. Thanks and i will thank you deep down my heart
You'll need to post your STD questions in the STD forum.
hi, teak apologise for my late reply.

i have checked with my family doctor and they say that
Hiv is not entirely ZERO risk.

he claims patients has been infected with HIV this way.
documented risk at least. I

The risk is particularly at the peak if the person GIVING oral sex
has extremely dry mouth. Bleeding gum and High viral load and that the
person receiving it has cuts on the penis.

I just need to clarify with you. I am thankful for the knowledge you provide.

thank you
Well such is unproven scientifically.
hey teak, please do not get annoyed by my  previous post.

i just hope to gain a little knowledge from you as i am relatively young.
you have no idea how much you have helped me.
Also, i can advice my high school friends if they were ever to ask.

So i really hope to receive a detailed explanation from you regarding my previous post.
Somehow, experts view on this matter are very different. Many consider it to be virtually ZERO risk before i explain such details to them

Thanks once more, Take care
And your Dr is an expert in HIV? Like the Dr's that Teak gave you quote from?
Your family doctor is not an hiv expert and his information is incorrect.Teak would have a much greater knowledge than your GP about hiv.Just look at his profile.
Hi RICKY :)

thanks for clarifying. perhaps in the STATES and UK, we often see oral sex as virtually zero risk.

however, for countries such as singapore. they actually consider :Receptive fellatio with ejaculation similar with Insertive anal intercourse in terms of probabilty.
Below is the weblink of one of singapore more established STD clinic.
I hope you may review it

Both of which states that chances is 1/2500. It's quite different from the statistic which most people say is close to zero for oral sex.
i really hope to gain a better understanding in this matter.Greatly appreciated with thanks in advance1

http://www.shimclinic.com/singapore/hiv/

i am really thankful for all your post.

1) Yes, i have to agree with vance. My doctor is not as knowledgeable as the other experts in this forum. However, he is an STD doctor in this field too.

This is really just to gain a better insight in this matter. The reason why i quoted this  statistic  from this website is because I have read most of the details regarding STD from here. It has shown to be quite accurate except the figures of HIV transmission.

Is it because  Caucasians are bigger in body built compared to Asians, that is why they are more resistance to HIV through oral sex?

if not, why the difference in figure. thanks