HIV Prevention Community

Risk Assessment

Hi, I recently (2 months ago) had oral and protected anal sex with another man. He told me that he was tested not too long before our encounter and was clean. I was the insertive partner and the condom remained intact as it collected the semen. I was not exposed to any of his semen.

Curious, I took the OraQuick oral test at 8 weeks after and it came back negative. I plan on taking a confirmatory test at the 13 week period just to be safe.

Would you say I have any risk for concern?
Since you had protected sex , You DIDN'T HAVE any risk of HIV
There was no risk for HIV in this above. If there was no any exposure prior to this, then there is no need for an HIV test.
Thank you for the answers, I would assume even if he was positive there would be no or little risk?
Doesn't matter if they were positive or not it still would not have been a risk.
Just wondering, but how accurate is the oral test at 8 weeks? I know they say it should be 13 weeks but I've read on here that 6-8 weeks is usually safe.

Also, about two weeks after I had flu-like symptoms for about two days, mainly just fever and a headache. One of my roommates had flu-like symptoms earlier that week so I'm led to believe that I just caught what he had.