HIV Prevention Community

Risk from lancet?

I maybe worrying for no reason. But I got tested 2 weeks ago at the health dept and negative. That was 12 weeks past exposure so I'm not worried anymore.

But they used a lancet to get blood from my finger. I'm worried that it was used before.

Ok yea I've read that isn't a risk and how lancets are safe. How can we possibly be sure???
You can be very sure that lancets don't spread hiv. First, they don't reuse lancets in labs/hospitals. Second, (if at all what you say happened)  lancets don't hold blood like hollow intravenous needles. Any blood contamination is just on the surface and would have been exposed to air, nullifying the virus.
But how do you really know that for a fact?