HIV Prevention Community

Risk of Blood with Anticoagulant

I went to the hospital few days ago, in the elevator, there was a woman standing behind me holding two tubes of blooding (onewith green lid and one with red lid on top), it seems she is taking her own sample to do blood test. The elevator were full of people I am not sure whether she scratched me when she passed by , when I got back home I found spots in dark color on my jacket, we all know that sometimes when nurses pull out needle from the tube, small amount of blood might spit out and could passible left on the tube .If the spots on my jacket was the blood spit out from the Anticoagulant  tube(the one with green lid on) , will it remains infective in 10 minutes(since the blood will not dry up with anticoagulant)? And if I touch it will there be any virus on my hand or body?
You never had an exposure.
NOOOOOOOOO risk.  Irrational concern.
this woud only be a risk if the blood in the tubes splashes in your eyes. the virus can stay active in the tubes because it a vacuum inside. outherwise the virus would be dead pretty fast. but i for example am still afrais if i get in contact with blood thats like an hour outside the body even though its not in a vacuum.
That is incorrect. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.
yes it stays infectious in syringes or tubes with a vacuum. how should drug users be infected otherwise???
on the air it stays only infectious for up to maximum of a couple of seconds
Please do not post in any other thread other than your own. Your information is incorrect.
ok sorry. but there are people getting infected by sharing syringes...
Hi, Teak and Nursegirl 6572.Thx for your prompt reply, so the virus lose the effectiveness right after it leave the human body and has nothing to do with the status (whether it dry up or not)? What if it spread out to body (or even into the vagina) or underwear and mix with leucorrhea by hand touching. Will the virus get nourished again, I have vaginitis and I am not sure whether there will be inflammatory cell and CD4 cell in the leucorrhea ?Sorry , you may think I have irrational concerns but I am really worrying.Thanks in advance!
The HIV virus becomes damaged and is unable to infect you once outside the body.Transmission of HIV always occurs inside the body and never outside it,for this reason you had no risk.I wouldn't give this situation a second thought and I would move on from this now.Remember that blood doesn't have to be dry for the HIV virus to become inactive.You're safe.
Sorry, typo.... Should be infectious .
You did not have an exposure.
You are not paying attention to the information you are being provided with.HIV is a virus that becomes inactive once outside the body,it simply can't infect you,why is that so difficult for you to accept.
Thanks a lot!
You're welcome
Your concerns are paranoid. Your best course of action is to seek psychiatric help.
Well, I am the kind of person who always think too much!