Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

SALIVA TEST - Credibility?

I live in london. I took up a HIV saliva test (They send a package to home. I kept the cotton butt in mouth and put it in solution filled tube and sent it to lab). The lab is QUEST lab, an american based lab in London. Going by the information that only ORAquick is FDA approved saliva test, i guess this test is not FDA Approved. They claim this saliva test to have sensitivity of 95 to 97% and specificity of 90 to 95%. I tested negative with this test. Can anyone who know about saliva test well, answer whether this test is credible and the result is accurate?
1 Responses
if its not an FDA approved test then no one here can garantee you the results. The only home kit that is approved by the FDA is Home Access kit and you can order it online. Its an ELISA test just like the one you do in hospitals and you send the blood sample to the states for results to come from a certified lab and you can get your results in two buseness days if you live in the US or three if you live oput side the continental US.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.