HIV Prevention Community

Salivary Transmission

I'll be the first to admit, I'm ridiculously afraid of HIV. Because of it I find myself either being really scared of social situations or sometimes putting myself at a higher risk (or what I think is a higher risk) to prove to myself that HIV is not as common as the cold!

So, my very back gums in my mouth are kinda inflamed and sensitive and were bleeding yesterday as I was trying to floss.  My friends and I decided we were gonna meet up with my roommates new acquaintance (who's been a heroin addict for two years, but recently clean) and smoke some weed. Because of my phobia, I was really debating about doing this.  However, I didn't want to be the crazy hypochondriac AGAIN so I decided to join in on the rotation, where we all smoked out of one piece. I just need a little reassurance that this was completely safe (even if he was in fact HIV positive). Do I have any risk?
no not at all...HIV virus doesnt live outside of the body..so be relax and cool and you are totally safe...and dont required any test..