Sewing needle prick a risk?

I was getting ready for work this morning and as I was taking my car keys I accidentally pricked myself with a sewing needle. There was no blood present but it left a stinging feeling on my index finger. Does this pose a risk for HIV? If not how different is it from using sharing IV drug needles?
sewing needles are not hollow bore, meaning no blood can get INSIDE the needle.

hiv is not transmitted from sewing needles.  once exposed to air, hiv becomes inactive and unable to infect.
Thanks Mam. I was so frightened I even thot about PEP.
How can it be that sharing needles is listed as a risk and yet being pricked by a sewing needle poses no risk at all?
sewing needles are not hollow bore

iv needles are
Getting pricked by a sewing needle is no risk. I'm not sure why you would assume a sewing needle located in your house where presumably you know no one who has HIV lives in the first place would be your first clue that this was not a problem.
Thanks guys. Webbers, my uncle who was diagnosed HIV positive last year stays with me, so I am scared that he might have used the needle before and accidentaly poked myseld before it poked me.
Teak can I please get your views on this matter. Thanks
Nothing to add to what you have been told.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community