HIV Prevention Community

Shingles and HIV

June 4th, Dr. diagnosed me whith Shingles.  After looking it up on the web I began to panic.  14 months prior I had unprotected vaginal sex with a woman that caused severe friction burn broke skin on my penis.  (possible means of infection).  Of course since I have been diagnosed with shingles I am constantly getting HIV symptoms. (to many to mention).

June 12th I went to a different DR. with my concerns, of course he told me  I have no concern and said I should take the test to clear my anxiety.

June 27 I went back for results.  Dr. told me that his report showed that my test was pending.  When I asked what that meant he said they have to wait for enough samples to run a test.  He then sid he would make a phone call.  He came back and said I have nothing top worry about it was negative.  

July 3rd. I went back to Dr. still with concerns of my symptoms.  He still did not have a report from the lab with a negative report.  It seems very strange to me that it would take almost a month to get a report back.

My question is at the time of testing I was on an  anti viral medication i believe it is (famciclovir).  And I was a week into shingles, could this cause my test to be inconclusive.

Should I get re tested,  I would love to see a piece of paper that say's negative.  I cant help thinking that it was inconclusive and the DR. is telling me it is negative just because he believes it would be.
Shingles, has nothing to do with HIV. Shingles can happen to anyone that has had chickenpox. You keep mentioning test results and I suppose you are talking HIV test results. If you haven't received your results in two weeks retest.
My main question is can the anti viral medication and shingles cause a inconclusive HIV test
The answer is no.